Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labs plug-in Offset Xref 'has a command in progress' problem

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
JonRusk
613 Views, 14 Replies

Labs plug-in Offset Xref 'has a command in progress' problem

I installed Autodesk Labs Offset Xref plug-in on Civil 3D 2013. It works great until I pan while in the Offset command, then I get "has a command in progress" and have to kill Autocad via task manager. Is this happening to anyone else or just me? Is there something else that will offset xref entities?

Civil 3D 2013 - Windows 7 Pro 64 - Dell T3500 - Xeon 2.67 - 24gb - Quadro 600
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
michael.robertson
in reply to: JonRusk

It works fine for me. I did recompile it for 2013, not sure where you got your copy.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 15
michael.robertson

I take that back, I could actually PAN while the command was active and it worked. BUT.... now I can't do anything else, I'm getting the same "command in progress" message.

I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Mike Robertson
Message 4 of 15

A luck on this issue?  We just upgraded and a lot of people really like that plug in and it does not work.  We are having the same problem!  Any fix or work around to offset line in Xrefs?!

Thanks!

Message 5 of 15

We are finally working on our 2013 upgrade again, I'll be working on that soon and will post when finished.

Mike Robertson
Message 6 of 15
troma
in reply to: abatesrcoc

Workaround: use NCOPY to copy to current drawing, then use native OFFSET  command.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 15

Are you saying you are the one who submitted the plug in or are incharge of updating it?  If so this thead cant get any better!  Thanks.

Message 8 of 15
abatesrcoc
in reply to: troma

Thanks for the workaround!  Looks painfully obvious.

Message 9 of 15

THe plugin was an Labs project if I remember correctly so I have the code for it. I'm not responsible for it but we do include it with our FDOT software package.

Mike Robertson
Message 10 of 15
JonRusk
in reply to: abatesrcoc

I suspect it has something to do with C3D2013's problem with undoing pans and not necessarily a problem with the plug-in.

Message 11 of 15

It appears I have it working now. There was a deprecated (obsolete) function parameter in the original code that I updated to the new function and it seems to be working correctly now.

We've removed the demand loading code so it had to be manually loaded each time you launch Autocad (we do it via script).

You're welcome to it if anyone want's it, not sure how to make it available though.

Mike Robertson
Message 12 of 15
JonRusk
in reply to: michael.robertson

Would it be possible to post the source code?

Message 13 of 15
michael.robertson

The original source & compiled dlls for 2010-2012 are available here: http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/ADN_plugins/catalog/ (it's about 1/2 way down the page).

Of course you'll need to change your build references to ObjectARX2013.

The only change I had to make was in the offset-xref.cs file:

Original code:

SelectedObject so =

new SelectedObject(

cloneID,

SelectionMethod.NonGraphical,

);

New Code:

SelectedObject so =

new SelectedObject(

cloneID,

SelectionMethod.NonGraphical,

new System.IntPtr(-1)

);

Be aware that although this is .NET code you can't compile targeting "Any CPU" (if you use this option it will only work on the bit Version of Windows it was compiled on, tried to get explaination through ADN but they pretty much said that's the way this one works).

So... you'll need to target either x64 or x86 for the platform you are running.

Mike Robertson
Message 14 of 15
JonRusk
in reply to: michael.robertson

I uninstalled it, downloaded the source, updated the references, changed to IntPtr, removed 'demand-loading.cs' and commented out anying in 'offset-xref.cs' that points to it, compiled and loaded it. And it's still going into infinite 'command in progess' if I pan while trying to offset an xref entity.

Message 15 of 15

I am familiar to the FDOT Civil Package.  I have downloaded it and looked around.  Nice work!  Had a class at AU this year and they talked a a lot about your department.

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=10784

However, the lady from Florida that was supposed to teach it was ill and could not present.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report