Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels with dynamic blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jamesbarnett
1516 Views, 4 Replies

Labels with dynamic blocks

I am labeling my pipe network structures and I was trying to create a label with a dynamic block. I want to have an octagon with text that I can change. So when I label INLET 1 I will have the information I need plus a symbol that corresponds to it. 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2022
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jamesbarnett

Thats all done in the lablestyle composer. C3d does not recognize Dyno Blocks, but a well designed label style will blow away any dyno block even Charlse Shade could dream up.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jamesbarnett
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I created a label stype with an octagon, and all of my other info, but I can't figure a way to change the text inside the octagon to a user value.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2022
Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

If you want to overide a(ny) label style; Right Click the label and select the compenent you wist to edit. You can add static text or change he parameters.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
brent.moses

First I am assuming the label style you have created is for a structure?  If so simply key the label to pull from the structure description or another unused object property, failing that you should consider exploring extended object data sets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report