Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels/Text aligning to layout print out very bold.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sslate
6484 Views, 5 Replies

Labels/Text aligning to layout print out very bold.

When I have my alignment labels and plan view text align to the layout view in Paper Space they plot out very bold. 

I am using Style: Swis721 BT-Italic.  I use that style in the profile for labels and in plan view.  When I plot out the sheet the profile view plots good but the text that was aligned in the plan view is very bold.  Is there a simple fix for this issue?

Thanks.

Sherry

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: sslate

Could you post a caption of the issue?

Version?

VP lineweight overrides in use?

Lineweight settings in styles set to "bylayer?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
sslate
in reply to: Jay_B

I attached a pdf of my page.  The text in the profile view is the same as the text in the plan view. 

As you can see, the plan view text comes out very bold and blurry.

I am working in C3D Version 14.  I don't know how to check the VP lineweight overrides.  The lineweights are set to "bylayer".

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: sslate

It appears that the text height in the majority of plan view notes is set to a smaller text height than the Profile Note.

Also verify the lineweights assigned to the layer/layers the notes are on make sense and aren't causing text to plot thicker.

To see if there are any Viewport Overrides for Lineweight, click into Model Space of plan view viewport and open layer manager and go to VP Lineweight column.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 6
sslate

I changed the text to all be 0.08 to match the height of the label in the profile. 

I verified that the lineweights assigned to the layer/layers make sense and they are not causing the text to plot thicker.

I check the viewport overrides and every thing is set to default. Default is 0.13 mm.

I think it has something to do with the text aligning to the viewport. "Match Orientation to Layout"

Message 6 of 6
sslate

I started over with plan production and created new sheets and it seemed to fix the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report