Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling Surveys in C3D - Land Survey Labeling Experts - Please HELP!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
525 Views, 6 Replies

Labeling Surveys in C3D - Land Survey Labeling Experts - Please HELP!!!!!!

Two questions:

Does anyone know how to make quick M-text labels in C3D that give the degree symbol, not just a "d" for degrees (under surveyor's units).  Is there a lisp or program out there that will let me do this by picking on lines/curves?  The new C3D labels won't do everything that I need them to do, but I haven't figured out how to make the Mtext thing work correctly yet either.  I hate to have to explode labels into text and lose the whole dynamic thing that seems to be the point of C3D.

Does anyone have a lisp or a way to label by points in C3D?  We are required by law to show partial distances between monuments on our records of survey (as well as overall distances) but cannot do this without drawing lines on top of lines, or exploding the labels and erasing the partial line.  Surely there is a better way?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jcaughman
in reply to: Anonymous

did you try %%D to produce the degree symbol?

Message 3 of 7
_Hathaway

I am not sure exactly what you're referring to regardintg the labels.  The out of the box labels in civil 3d show the degree symbol, or at least they do on our end.

Regarding the labeling of distances between points, there is no straight forward way to label anything that is not part of an object in civil 3d. Sure, there are workarounds like the brgdist block (if you google it you might find a link to it)  this is a block that essentially works as a label between any 2 points.  It has it;s limitations though.  This one area that needs improvment that's for sure.  Being a surveyor myself I dont want lines all over the place on top of each other just to be able to label a brg and distance.  This can be a royal pain on certain projects, beyond that it's annoying.

Message 4 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: _Hathaway

He was referrring to typing this in your line of text:

%%d

Did you try it?

Bill

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

%%d doesn't work because it is grabbing the dynamic information from the line directly, so it will update when if the line changes.  There is no where to put %%d.  I'm hoping that there is a setting somewhere that changes this, and that someone wiser than me know's how to do it.

The procedure for what I'm doing is creating M-text and then right clicking to "insert a field".  I grab "object" from the field names, and "Angle" from the property type.  I then select "Surveyor's Units" from the format selection.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 7
sjg
Advisor

What additional information are you needing that you can't get from the line annotation label?

-Annotate

-Add Labels

-Under Feature select Line and Curve

Then you can create a style where you can even addreference text.

Then you just select the lines you want to annotate.

Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 7 of 7
peterfunkautodesk

I would daw a line/curve on a no plot layer and then label that. With this method you can modify the start/end of the partial line and the label would update.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report