Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labeling profiles from data references

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hkaplan1227
298 Views, 3 Replies

labeling profiles from data references

We recently started using Civil3d 2013. We made a huge jump from LDD 2008. We have profiles designed and data short cuts are created. We have existing and proposed. 

Now i've created a reference and brought them into another drawing. First I tried to set up the color and linetype for each profile. When I do this. Both the exising and proposed become the same color and linetype.I do not see how to select the existing from the proposed and set the color and linetype.

Next I select the proposed profile and right click and select Edit Labels. I start to create the PVI labels. When I do this the PVI's for the existing profile get labeled. I want the proposed profile labeled. Not the existing.

Any input would be great

Howard Kaplan, Civil3D 2014
Dell Optiplex 9010
Intel I-7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: hkaplan1227

Set each profile to use a different style. Adjust the Styles to display how you want. Once done it will help you choose the correct profile in which to add the labels...it sounds like you may be inadvertently selecting the existing profile.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
hkaplan1227
in reply to: Jeff_M

I tried that and they both change.

I think this problem has something to do with the data shortcut. 

Please look below, We have both the existing and proposed profiles under the same data shortcut. Is that correct? or should they be seperate?

datashort.jpg

Thank for the input

Howard Kaplan, Civil3D 2014
Dell Optiplex 9010
Intel I-7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

Message 4 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: hkaplan1227

@hkaplan1227 wrote:

I tried that and they both change.

I think this problem has something to do with the data shortcut. 

Please look below, We have both the existing and proposed profiles under the same data shortcut. Is that correct? or should they be separate?

As far as the Existing & Proposed profiles under that dref location in your caption that is normal.

For the profile style issue try right clicking on the profile name in Prospector>Alignments>Centerline Alignments>Align Name>Existing Profile Name.

Go to the Information tab & set to desired style for Existing pfl. Repeat this for the Proposed Pfl.

The labeling can be controlled when creating the Profile View pay attention to the "Profile Display Options" step in "Create Profile View" dialog.

Scroll way over to the right of the dialog to the "Labels" column. Set the Existing Profile to _No Labels and set the Proposed profile to Complete Label Set

or whatever your all labels label set might be named.

Now the proposed profile should be labeled and Existing profile shouldn't.

The above assumes you have working profile styles for each profile type and also working label sets to apply to the Proposed Profile.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report