Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling Pipe crossings in Plan view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MattHough2641
1576 Views, 4 Replies

Labeling Pipe crossings in Plan view

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to label pipe crossings in plan view.  For example it is my companies standard practice to label all crossings of Storm and Water.  The text usually reads as follows:      IE 12" SD=XXX.XX

TOP 8" W=XXX.XX

Is this possible in civil 3d 2012?  I have 2 seperate pipe networks (of course 😃 ).  Is there a specific label component I'm just not seeing?

Please help...I need as much as I can get?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SethHall
in reply to: MattHough2641

Hi Matt-

After looking into this I had initially thought using a Reference Text component may be able to be used, but it doesn't look like that is the case. Unfortunately I am not sure if this is possible, especially with two separate networks. Any one else out there require such a label, and if so, what methods are you using??

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 5
MattHough2641
in reply to: SethHall

Thank you for the heads-up, Seth.

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: SethHall

@SethHall wrote:

Hi Matt-

After looking into this I had initially thought using a Reference Text component may be able to be used, but it doesn't look like that is the case. Unfortunately I am not sure if this is possible, especially with two separate networks. Any one else out there require such a label, and if so, what methods are you using??

Yes, I require this type of label. What I do now? MLeader and calculator....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
JMcCoskey
in reply to: Jeff_M

This is the best work around I have found.  Certainly this is something one would expect to see in civil design / sheet generation program, but............

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Label-pipe-invert-in-plan-view/m-p/2536859/highlight/...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report