AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
MattHough2641
Message 1 of 5 (473 Views)

Labeling Pipe crossings in Plan view

473 Views, 4 Replies
07-11-2012 01:24 PM

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to label pipe crossings in plan view.  For example it is my companies standard practice to label all crossings of Storm and Water.  The text usually reads as follows:      IE 12" SD=XXX.XX

TOP 8" W=XXX.XX

Is this possible in civil 3d 2012?  I have 2 seperate pipe networks (of course =) ).  Is there a specific label component I'm just not seeing?

Please help...I need as much as I can get?

Product Support
SethHall
Message 2 of 5 (433 Views)

Re: Labeling Pipe crossings in Plan view

07-16-2012 07:12 AM in reply to: MattHough2641

Hi Matt-

After looking into this I had initially thought using a Reference Text component may be able to be used, but it doesn't look like that is the case. Unfortunately I am not sure if this is possible, especially with two separate networks. Any one else out there require such a label, and if so, what methods are you using??

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

Contributor
MattHough2641
Message 3 of 5 (417 Views)

07-17-2012 10:42 AM in reply to: SethHall

Thank you for the heads-up, Seth.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 4 of 5 (395 Views)

07-19-2012 06:45 AM in reply to: SethHall

SethHall wrote:

Hi Matt-

After looking into this I had initially thought using a Reference Text component may be able to be used, but it doesn't look like that is the case. Unfortunately I am not sure if this is possible, especially with two separate networks. Any one else out there require such a label, and if so, what methods are you using??

Yes, I require this type of label. What I do now? MLeader and calculator....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
JMcCoskey
Message 5 of 5 (381 Views)

07-19-2012 11:19 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

This is the best work around I have found.  Certainly this is something one would expect to see in civil design / sheet generation program, but............

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Label-pipe-invert-in-plan-view/m-p/2536859/highlight/...

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.