AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
alex
Message 1 of 2 (54 Views)

Labeling pipe attributes by sheet.

54 Views, 1 Replies
03-05-2014 05:39 AM

I have a project with about 10 plan & profile sheets. I am required to list the length(s) of pipes and elevations at match lines by sheet.

For example, I you have a 300' long pipe and 100' is on p&p sheet 1 and 200' is on p&p sheet 2 then on p&p sheet 1 you would say, 100 lf of .... in the plan and profile and in the profile you would also show the elevations at the match line.  And for p&p sheet 2 you would label the pipe 200 lf of...etc.

Now if I have a pipe that is in 2 sheets I can only figure out how to label the pipe one of them and the other one will not accept a label.  Is there a way to accomplish the above task directly custom civil3d with styles?

Or do I have to make dummy attributed block labels to accomplish this like the old fashioned way?

Thanks, alex

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 2 (50 Views)

Re: Labeling pipe attributes by sheet.

03-05-2014 05:53 AM in reply to: alex
You can temporarily chnage the profileview stations so it displays past the mid-point of the pipe. This will allow the label to be shown so it can be slid into position, then reset the PV stations. One thing I have done in the past is to place null structures at the match lines so the labels can all be created correctly, including inverts.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.