Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling & Paper Space

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
209 Views, 3 Replies

Labeling & Paper Space

I am having a terrible time getting my labels to show at the proper size in paper space. Everything appears correctly in model space, but when I go to paper space and set it up the way I've always done (which may be the problem), the labels are miniscule. For instance, I have a drawing that I want to plot at 1"=30". My LTSCALE is set to 30 (the drawing was originally set up with Land Desktop, btw). When I go to paperspace, the scaling of the lines are the same as in model space (dashed lines), but the labels for the existing contours are showing up at 0.08 feet in height (the text size is supposed to be 0.08" which equals 2.4 feet in this particular drawing). I understand that the labels are dynamic in Civil 3D, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the label settings or if the entire way I set my drawings up as far as LTSCALE and plotting at the drawing scale needs to change. I'm at my wits end, so any help would greatly be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nzeeben
in reply to: Anonymous

The labels in civil 3D are dynamically sized based on one of two settings, when working in model space it is using the drawing settings scale (toolspace, settings tab, right click drawing, edit drawing settings, units and scale tab) Civil 3D looks at this value and multiples height specified in the label style and multiple that by the inverse to get text that when plotted at the scale specified plots at the height specified in the label style. The same is true of paper space but rather than looking at the drawing scale setting it looks at the viewport scale instead. It sounds as though you text height in the label styles may be set to .08 feet rather than inches. Text heights for styles are all based on finished plot heights. I did play with my ltscale settings but it didn't seem to cause any changes in my text heights. You may need to issue a regenall command after adjusting viewport scales to force the labels to update appropriately.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I seemed to have found a solution, albeit rather hidden (at least to me it is). The method I have always set my drawing up in paper space is to set the layout at the scale (in this case 1"=30') and inserted a title block scaled up 30x. When I do this, the linetypes are scaled properly but the labels are tiny. I set up a new layout at 1:1 and zoomed my viewport at 1/30xp, which made my text the right height but the linetype scales were incorrect. I then found the magical PSLTSCALE variable, changed it from 1 to 0 and presto! Everything looks fine now, but it seems to me that having to change the PSLTSCALE every time you set a layout up is annoying. Two questions: 1) Is my methodolgy correct in setting up the sheet at 1:1 and changing the PSLTSCALE to 0? If not, how should it be done? 2) If so, is there a way to set the PSLTSCALE to default to 0? If so, are there any negative consequences to doing so? "nzeeben" wrote in message news:13860166.1103771020411.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > The labels in civil 3D are dynamically sized based on one of two settings, when working in model space it is using the drawing settings scale (toolspace, settings tab, right click drawing, edit drawing settings, units and scale tab) Civil 3D looks at this value and multiples height specified in the label style and multiple that by the inverse to get text that when plotted at the scale specified plots at the height specified in the label style. The same is true of paper space but rather than looking at the drawing scale setting it looks at the viewport scale instead. It sounds as though you text height in the label styles may be set to .08 feet rather than inches. Text heights for styles are all based on finished plot heights. I did play with my ltscale settings but it didn't seem to cause any changes in my text heights. You may need to issue a regenall command after adjusting viewport scales to force the labels to update appropriately.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Chris: From what I have learned so far: The first thing that was told to me was not to use LDD dwg files. 1. Since you apparently are using Imperial, decide whether you want to use Imperial by Layer, or Imperial by Style. They are both in the template directory. James Wedding had a nice discussion in this newsgroup within the last week. 2. Insert your LDD drawing in this file. Then start. I somewhat learned this the hard way, but nevertheless, a good learning process of what not to do. I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but from what you are asking, you need to nearly forget all you learned in LDD and learn "a-new". Re-read what "nzeeben" wrote. My $.02 worth. Bill Berry "Chris Alley" wrote in message news:41cac01a$1_1@newsprd01... > I seemed to have found a solution, albeit rather hidden (at least to me it > is). The method I have always set my drawing up in paper space is to set > the layout at the scale (in this case 1"=30') and inserted a title block > scaled up 30x. When I do this, the linetypes are scaled properly but the > labels are tiny. I set up a new layout at 1:1 and zoomed my viewport at > 1/30xp, which made my text the right height but the linetype scales were > incorrect. I then found the magical PSLTSCALE variable, changed it from 1 > to 0 and presto! Everything looks fine now, but it seems to me that having > to change the PSLTSCALE every time you set a layout up is annoying. Two > questions: 1) Is my methodolgy correct in setting up the sheet at 1:1 and > changing the PSLTSCALE to 0? If not, how should it be done? 2) If so, is > there a way to set the PSLTSCALE to default to 0? If so, are there any > negative consequences to doing so? > > "nzeeben" wrote in message > news:13860166.1103771020411.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > The labels in civil 3D are dynamically sized based on one of two settings, > when working in model space it is using the drawing settings scale > (toolspace, settings tab, right click drawing, edit drawing settings, units > and scale tab) Civil 3D looks at this value and multiples height specified > in the label style and multiple that by the inverse to get text that when > plotted at the scale specified plots at the height specified in the label > style. The same is true of paper space but rather than looking at the > drawing scale setting it looks at the viewport scale instead. It sounds as > though you text height in the label styles may be set to .08 feet rather > than inches. Text heights for styles are all based on finished plot > heights. I did play with my ltscale settings but it didn't seem to cause > any changes in my text heights. You may need to issue a regenall command > after adjusting viewport scales to force the labels to update appropriately. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report