Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling Object Data using C3D 2011

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
675 Views, 2 Replies

Labeling Object Data using C3D 2011

When i try to create a mapanntemplate it doesn't find the esri shape file object data to assign to a attribute anymore.

I have experimented with the FDO connect stuff but i end up with a text object that is replicated like 32 times and i have to go in and delete all the duplicates.   I'm obivously missing the link from how they used to do it to how it needs to be done now.

Can anyone help with how to extract object data from a polygon into a text oject.   I have tax parcels from GIS with tax ID number and address and i want this text to come into a drawing with the values from the object data.  It used to work in 2009 or 2010 with data fields but now that data doesn't show up as a object choice.

Thanks,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

If you use Mapimport, be sure to specify to create Object Data by selecting in the Data field of the dialog box. When you import, the data from the dbf will be attached as object data. Now you can use Map Annotate to create the Map

Annotation Template and place the labels.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the reply tcorey.   Unfortunately that wasn't the issue.   I do bring in the object data as you said.  When i run the anntemplate it doesn't give an option to pick the data from polygons with object data.   I did however figure out a method to get the information i needed.   After bringing in the shape files i saved and closed the drawing.   then i opened a new drawing and attached the first drawing to a drawing set.   then i ran a query using the address column i.e. addresses > 1 and then i picked draw and alter properties.   then i picked the button for text and this allowed me to link to the fields i wanted.  I was then able to set the insertion point to centroid and middle center.  I was able to specify the text height, layer, style etc.

I then executed the query and got the polygons and the text i needed.  I like this method better than using the attributes, because I end up with just basic text objects.

So, problem solved!

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report