Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling Extended Survey Figure Properties

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
john.de.leeuw
781 Views, 3 Replies

Labeling Extended Survey Figure Properties

I've added an extended Figure Property to a Survey Database called 'WegAsNaam' (Name of the Road).

Filled this attribute on several Survey Figures and now want to Label this Extended Property which should be able in Civil 3D 2013.

I don't see my own created Extended Figure Property in the Label Style composer to choose?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadguru42
in reply to: john.de.leeuw

I never even knew figures could have extended properties.  I knew points did, but not figures.  

Sorry I can't help you with this one.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 4

Seems after installing the latest C3D 2013 Survey Hotfix:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19237435&linkID=9240698

Everything goes smooth!! The User Defined Property also shows up in the AutoCAD OPM. See attached.

Don't you love these problems that solve themselves Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
blaisg
in reply to: john.de.leeuw

Extended properties created in the survey database are not automatically created in the drawing until you add data of that type to the drawing.  If you want to force the propagation of the point or figure extended properties into the current drawing, you must go to the Survey databases -> Manage Extended Properties UI. 

manage extended prperties.png 

Right click on the Figure or Survey Point node and select ‘Insert into drawing’…

Manage Extended Properties Dialog.png

This will replicate the survey extended property definitions in the current drawing.  Now you can compose a style in the drawing that uses these properties.  If you have a standard set of properties you want to use everywhere, you can use the same procedure with your favorite DWT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report