Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling contours... Is it still true

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
trynders
398 Views, 3 Replies

Labeling contours... Is it still true

I'm running 2012. Is it still true that I need to label my contours in every drawing? I have a drawing that contains my existing surface (about 90 Acres). I have labeled the contours in that drawing. I then have a output drawing that the existing contours are a data shortcut. The contour labels do not show up. Why?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
c.bergthold
in reply to: trynders

Data referencing will not show the labels. You can do an xref or copy your labels from the other drawing, see this thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Copy-contour-labels-across-files/m-p/3140152/highligh...

Cory
Message 3 of 4
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: trynders

The way our office does it is label the contours in one drawing and also create a data reference of the surface. In all of the other drawings XREF in the 'image' of the labeled contours and data reference the surface, set this data referenced surface to a "No Display" style. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 4 of 4
gccdaemon
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

You can have both the x-ref and the datalink in the same drawing so why not use both?

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report