Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling Boundary Lines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Rubixcube10
795 Views, 3 Replies

Labeling Boundary Lines

I've looked through previous threads but still can't figure out what my problem is.  It seems to be a very small problem but it's driving me bonkers.  I can get a label on the line no problem.  But it gives me Bearing and distance when I clearly picked Bearing over Distance.  Also, I've gone through the settings and cannot figure out how to get my distance to 2 decimal places (.00) instead of the default of 3 decimal places (.003). 

Also my bearing keeps coming up in decimal seconds.  I thought I figure it out everytime i'm in the settings and changing stuff but I guess i'm not in the right settings. (drawing settings, ambient settings, distance & direction) i've changed but still keeps coming out the same.  I've even gone into (settings, general, line, bearing over distance) and still don't see the option to change the decimals...

Rob

HP Compaq 8100 Elite
Win 7 Pro SP1 - 64Bit
8GB RAM
i7 860 @ 2.80 GHZ

AutoCad Civil 3d 2012 SP1
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: Rubixcube10

You need to have a look in the label style composer.

Find the label in Toolspace>Settings>General>Label Styles>Line  (I'm guessing that's the label type you're talking about)

Right click, Edit.

Look around in the Layout tab.  Play with settings in there and see what happens.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
C3D_TomR

This YouTube video by Brian Hailey with CAD-1 should help you with changing the precision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGWmOD6KEGA

Tom Richardson

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
------------------------------------
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
------------------------------------
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Message 4 of 4
dgordon

I'd wager your forgetting to hit the little arrow that saves the changes to the layout.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report