Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling azimut in aligments

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
arcallupe
1973 Views, 5 Replies

Labeling azimut in aligments

Hi friends:

I would like to know if Autocad Civil 3D can label the azimut angle in an aligment. For example, i need to know the azimuth angle in different progresive points like 1+250, 7+325, 10+500, etc. each point can be in tangent or curve, it would be helful if all azimut angles could be exported to excell file, maybe a lisp aplication.

Sorry for the bad english, i hope you can understand wath i want.

Thank you so much.

ACM

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: arcallupe

If you're talking about an Azimuth label. An Azimuth (or Bearing) describes the direction of a line. You can label the Azimuth of the lines (Tangents) in the alignment. But the only Azimuths you can label in a curve are the radials.

What are you trying to show or export?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
arcallupe
in reply to: AllenJessup

For example, i have some stations in an aligment where we will project a culvert and i think could be helpful to know the azimuth angle in these stations in order to put a culvert block with skew angle automatically with excel something like scrip based in the azimuth angle. I attached a picture to explain it.

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: arcallupe

In the example on the straight section of the alignment. Labeling the Azimuth of the alignment will give you the angle. When on the curve, there isn't any automatic way to label the tangent at that point. In 2013 you can label a "line" by points. So you might be able to create an expression that would take an Azimuth from the radius pt to the station point and add 90°.

As far as a report goes. You might be able to do something similar to the label. But I haven't done anything above some basic modification to the existing report style. So someone with more experience with them would have to comment.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

The Station Offset Label can label the "Instantaneous Direction" in the label. You could make one of these labels and use an offset of 0 if you wanted it right on the alignment.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6

You are right Peter, i created a new label using "instantaneous direction" with measurement type = north azimuth and it works, thats wath i wanted!!. I would like to export the labels to excel but no problem whith the instantaneous direction is enough. Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report