Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling a Line with multiple segments as one segment?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
GreeneSWCD
1799 Views, 23 Replies

Labeling a Line with multiple segments as one segment?

I have a bunch of lines that are created with multiple segments.  I'd like to annotate the total length.  I can't figure out to do this without labelling each segment along the line using Line and Curve commands.  How do I get one annotation that only shows the total of all the sements? 

I'm sure this is an easy fix, I'm just not seeing it. 

Thanks. 

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Jeff_M
in reply to: jmayo-EE

@Anonymous wrote:

2013 will fix it 

Well, unless if you ever label curves. 🙂

Also, this method works well for getting alignments, property lines, and curbs labeled with tags to all be shown in the same Curve/Line tables. Instead of 1 table for alignment data and another for all others.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 22 of 24
AWesterlund
in reply to: Jeff_M

Moving on C3D, anyone now how to use a created text style for labels?  Or change the Oblique Angle? That's really all I need.

Thanks

Message 23 of 24
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jeff_M

Absolutly Jeff. That is a nice improvement. I'd bet something is in the works for curves.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 24 of 24
Jeff_M
in reply to: AWesterlund

@AWesterlund wrote:

Moving on C3D, anyone now how to use a created text style for labels?  Or change the Oblique Angle? That's really all I need.

Thanks

The Label styles are assigned a Text Style on the General tab of the style editor dialog. The text style controls the font used and the obliquing angle, but the height is controlled by the height entered on the Layout tab for each Text component. The font and oblique settings may be overridden on the Format tab of the Text Component editor, just like MText objects can be altered from their base Text Style.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report