Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

label the Geometry Points numbers instead of station value

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ali56000
654 Views, 1 Reply

label the Geometry Points numbers instead of station value

Is there a way to create a label style that can label the Geometry Points numbers? I mean instead of station value offset(1+58) put station number (1, 2, 3…). In alignments and profile bands in profile view.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: ali56000

If you are after the profile PVI number then you should look at the PVI Index property.

I just had a quick look and it is available in the profile labels. You will need to create a label style for grade breaks and another for crest and sag curves. This will put the label up into the profile view.

The PVI Index property is available in Vertical Geometry Band Styles for the PVI's on Crest and Sag Curves. So it is availble for the bands where you have vertical curves, but not where the is not vertical curve. A way around this would be to create a profile label for the grade breaks and have the label anchor to the bottom of the profile view and offset it down into the band using a negative anchor value for the label style.

For Alignment geometry points, a Horizontal Geometry Band has the Alignment PI Index property for the Point of intersection property, but is only available in 2012.

As a workaround the station equation ID is available for the label styles, but would involve setting a station equation for each segment.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report