Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Text Prompt

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lmm2014
796 Views, 5 Replies

Label Text Prompt

I have a Station/offset label set up, with a label text component. Is there someway to make the label prompt me for the contents of the label text as I am dropping the labels in, so I don't have to go into the right click/edit label text every time? (Similar to creating points or something, when it prompts for a point description?) Thanks,

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bcsurvey
in reply to: lmm2014

I too was looking for something like this earlier today.  It seems that you can either go with a Leader - Mtext or Multileader and then you can enter the full contents, or design a label style but then have to go in like you said to edit a part of it.  It would be nice to see an option to prompt for a text input for a portion of an intelligent label style.  There's gotta be a way to do it.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 3 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Sure. In the label composer for the default text component enter: "ENTER TEXT HERE"

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
lmm2014

Doesn't seem to be working for me? Can you show me a screenshot or something to make sure I'm doing it right? Thanks,

Message 5 of 6
Joe-Bouza

you are not going to be prompted, you will have a textcomponent that reads "Enter Text Here" so you know it hase to be edited

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
lmm2014

We already have that set up - The goal was to improve that by having it prompt me, so I don't have to go in and edit every one. It sounds like that capability does not exist. I guess AutoCAD should add that to the wish list.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report