Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Style Overides Not Working

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Dixter
849 Views, 3 Replies

Label Style Overides Not Working

I am having trouble getting my Styles to display on the correct layer.

I want my Contour Label to display on Layer C3D-CONT-LABEL as set in the Style. It is being placed on C3D-SRF-LBLS wich is the Object Layer.

It seems my Overrides are not working.

What am I missing about the Hierarchy? I have attached some screen shots of my settings for Contour Labels.

Please help, this is driving me crazy.

Kirk Dixon

Windows 7 64 Bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7

860 @ 2.8 GHz

16 GB Ram

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800

Dixter
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: Dixter

The settings you posted are the Label Style for an individual label and the Label Style Defaults that control the default settings for when you make a new label.  The layer set in the label style controls the look of the label, it's display.  But the label as an object is placed on the label object layer.

Think of the label as a block.  There is text on one layer.  This is made into a block.  The block is inserted on a different layer.  Similarly the label displays the colour of one layer, but is actually on a different layer.

Have you tried messing with the object layers?  Toolspace > Settings.  Right-click on the drawing name > Edit drawing settings > Object Layers

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
Dixter
in reply to: troma

Thank You for your reply, Yes, Under Drawing Settings, Object layers - Tin Surface-Labeling, C3D-SRF-LBLS-, this where all of my Surface Labels are going. So these labels are being controlled by 2 layers? What about Label Style Defaults? You can set them under Drawing Settings and for individual Features. I'm confused as to how these work. Thanks Again, [KRD-EMAIL SIG]
Dixter
Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: Dixter

When you create a new label it has certain settings, the 'default' settings.  Things like layers, text height, dragged state settings; the whole works.  These are set by the 'Label Style Defaults'.

I only see Label Style Defaults when I click on the heading above the labels in Toolspace > Settings.  I'm working in 2011.  What version are you in and where exactly are you seeing the same thing twice?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report