Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Style for PI

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
torner
539 Views, 4 Replies

Label Style for PI

I have applied a client's style to the alignment to show PI's. In this case we have 2 alignments close to each other (NB & SB of road). PI's close to each other will then overlap. What I would like to do is apply a style that will have the line and text go exactly in the opposite direction. I am trying to avoid dragging the text as that seems to bring up several more issues. I am looking for what\where to change within the style editor to make this happen.

Tom
C3D 2012 sp4\C3D 2014 sp2
W7Pro 64bit
HP Z400 Workstation
16 GB RAM
Intel Xeon CPU W3565@3.20GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: torner

You could flip the label to the inside of the radius. Hold control, pick the label you want to flip, right click and then select Flip label.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 5
troma

I agree the flip is probably the easiest way to go.

Looking at the screen shot, I see the angle has been set as "PI Label Angle" for one component and "Back Tangent Angle" for the other.  I don't think these are regular angles, I think they've been set up as expressions.  If so, you could copy both expressions and add 180 degrees to the copy. (Remember it's in radians, so Pi = 180).  Then copy the whole label style, and use your copied expressions to set those angles.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 5
torner
in reply to: troma

When I Flip Label, it doesn't flip 180 like I would want it to.

As far as adding 180 to the expression, I am not following that. I tried setting Component 2>Line:Angle to 180 but that doesn't work. There are 4 Components, C1 isthe text, C2 is the line with the text, C3 & C4 are for little tangent lines for the ahead and back tangent. So it seems like I need to do something with C2. Maybe there just isn't a way and dragging is the next option (and probably next post too). First time using this so learning along the way.

Tom
C3D 2012 sp4\C3D 2014 sp2
W7Pro 64bit
HP Z400 Workstation
16 GB RAM
Intel Xeon CPU W3565@3.20GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 5 of 5
troma

I am guessing that these are expressions.  I'm not sure, but it is likely.

Go to Toolspace > Settings > Alignment > Label Styles and find this particular label style  (I'm not sure what family it is in)

Below the label style, in the same family, there should be a heading Expressons.  Click on this and see the list of expressions in the list area.  Find out if there is an expression called "PI Label Angle" and "Back Tangent Angle"

If there is, then these are the ones you need to copy.  Edit the copy of the expression as I laid out previously.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report