Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

label size reduce in viewport

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
manrajankalimuthu
1929 Views, 5 Replies

label size reduce in viewport

I am using autocad civil 3d viewport. I am creating view frame. Even I try to edit my label location through viewport double click edit. It will reduce label size 25.4 times. Any one can fix this bugs.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Sounds like some sort of metric/imperial conflict as 25.4 is the conversion factor from mm to inches

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: manrajankalimuthu

I'm not sure I understand your question but notice the 25.4 factor as a potential problem.

Sounds like you've got a mixture of units happening as there are 25.4 mm per 1 inch.

Start by verifying the units of the drawing by going to Toolspace>Drawing Settings>Edit Drawing Settings>Units and Zone>Drawing Units.

One other possibility is there could be a Style with an improper unit set within the label style composer of the style>Units.

As for what you're attempting to do more information is needed such as you're dragging a label and in the dragged state it becomes 25.4 times larger etc.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
kaiknux
in reply to: Jay_B

I had this problem recently. After some time checking what was wrong, I figured out that I needed to put the same scale in the viewports and in my model, as the attached image shows.

Hope it helps.

Message 5 of 6

I have attached drawing. In this drawing 2 layout is
there. First layout label text is going to 25.4times less. Then you can
check next layout label text height. Second layout text is correct one.
But, how to fix the first layout label height. Because it is necessary for
me, continuous sheets are going to same issue into this drawing.

Regards,
Maanrajan.K

Message 6 of 6

go to page setup for the first layout, change the plot scale to 1:1000 mm, see image below. see if that helps.

ps.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report