Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Question (Line Between 2 Points)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Bratz2
1082 Views, 7 Replies

Label Question (Line Between 2 Points)

I'm using "line between 2 points (basically as a quick chord distance). However, I noticed that when labeling items like this you cannot move the text, or rotate the text at all. I know you can flip text and I can change the readability bias, but in some cases the text is just to far from the arc.

I cant use an ARC label because in some cases we have reverse curves/compound curves and are only concerned with the "overall" chord, not the individual curves. Any help on how to get this text a little more flexible would be appreciated.

TIA

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: Bratz2

Draw a line that doesn't print (by manipulating its color re the ctb file) and label that line.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
Bratz2
in reply to: tcorey

I think you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the Label text NOT a line.

Message 4 of 8
troma

If you draw a line and label it (as tcorey said) you can then drag the label around to where you want it, which you can't do when you use the "Line between 2 points" option.

I would use a layer that is set to no-plot for the line in question.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 8
Bratz2
in reply to: troma

That kinda defeats the purpose of creating a label by using the "line between two points", doesn't it?

So, basically there's no way to manipulate a label when actually using the "line between two points" labeling option? I could have just as easily created a dimension style that shows nothing but the distance.

Thanks for the input people, I guess I'll just create a dimension style for stuff along a curve, I just hate "mixing and matching". I'd rather try to keep it all a "line and curve" label.

Message 6 of 8
sbutler502

I'm having to explode my label by two points so that I can move them. It is ugly but easier than re-labeling when you have to move the xref to a different position. Just make sure you are at the annotation scale you want to use.
Message 7 of 8
sbutler502

I'm having to explode my label by two points so that I can move them. It is ugly but easier than re-labeling when you have to move the xref to a different position. Just make sure you are at the annotation scale you want to use.

Message 8 of 8
rl_jackson
in reply to: sbutler502

@sbutler502,

Are you saying that you cannot slide the label along the line?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report