Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label polyline total vertical drop

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
annw2
177 Views, 3 Replies

Label polyline total vertical drop

I was able to create a label that labels the total length of the poly line for Time of Concentration Calculations.

I would like to add a component for the total vertical drop along the 3d water drop poly line.

2014 - Added in 2015?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neilw_05
in reply to: annw2

I am pretty sure you can't create such a label for the polyline directly since Autocad only provides such data for each segment between vertices. What you could do is stike a no-plot 3D line between the end points, label it with a piece of text using a field and move the text to wherever it suits you along the polyline. Any time you need to update, move the end points of the line to the new locations and re-align the label.

There are other solutions no doubt but this might get you thinking along different paths for a solution.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 4
annw2
in reply to: Neilw_05

I was hoping to avoid the extra step as I am looking for ways to speed up calculations more than drafting.

I might try playing around with the expression building thing.
Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 4 of 4
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: annw2

have you considered using pipe network with a spanning pipe label, one for each of the three Tc flow segments?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report