Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

label leader tip offset from marker extents (image attached)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bcsurvey
1664 Views, 4 Replies

label leader tip offset from marker extents (image attached)

I'm using a label style with a circle marker (block) and I've set Point Attachment Option to "Market Extents".  However, the leader tip is offset a smidge from the actual marker.  The offset distance relative to the circle diameter is maintained proportionally when toggling annotation scales, if that helps.  This is a very minor issue, but it's bugging me!

Thanks

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: bcsurvey

Well BC

Let this not be a problem!

Go to the Summary Tab of the Point Style

Select "No" for "Leader stops at marker".

(if I am backwards, select yes, <G>)

Bill

Message 3 of 5
bcsurvey

Bill, I should have been more specific.  I'm not using a Point Label Style, but simply an annotation label (Annotation ribbon/Labels & Tables Panel) which uses a Marker Style to display the block on the label location.  In the Marker Style editor, under the Summary Tab, the option you described does not exist.  I went ahead with your idea though and did create a point style using the same block, but even when I dragged the point label away to invoke the leader, the tip of that leader was offset the same distance as the ann. label leader, with or without making the change you mentioned..

Would there be any constraints or parameter settings in the block that would affect an attached leader in this way?  I looked through them but couldn't find anything that might.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 4 of 5
BrianHailey

When you attach to something, C3D basically draws a box around it. Your arrow head is going to that box most likely.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5
bcsurvey

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this . . .

The imaginary square border looks like it is what's keeping the arrow tip from adjoining the marker.  Further, if you add vertices to the leader, the point on the "square" where the arrow tip makes contact appears to stay constrained to an imaginary line drawn between the center of the marker and the tail of the leader (@ the label).  Hopefully this will be fixed in future versions because I would guess that the whole push for allowing the extra vertices to be added came from the need to "snake" the leader around objects to avoid crossing lines.  Well, nobody's going to do that if this is what you get . . . (attached)

(square is drawn orthoganally around marker in WCS, but vp has a dview twist)

-BC

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report