Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Layering

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
200 Views, 3 Replies

Label Layering

Good Morning!  I am trying to modify some abilities in our standard template.  One of the options I'd like to add is the separating of alignment notes (alignment station/offset notes) from the stationing.  Currently, when a user would like to freeze notes from another alignment in a viewport, the stationing also freezes...I would like to enable the stationing to stay on.  However, I can't seem to do this.  As an example, When I create an alignment all the labels (sta and notes) arrive at this layer   C-ROAD-ALIGN-OBJ-LABL-W. 102ND ST.  Is this something that is hard-coded in or is there a command I am just missing/forgetting about?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

There is an alignment labels master layer that is set in Drawing Settings. Plus, each label style, on the General tab, can be set to its own layer. Station labels styles can have a different layer than notes label styles. Station label styles can even have a different layer than other station label styles. If you freeze the master alignment label layer, set in Drawing Settings, ALL alignment labels will freeze. If you freeze the layer that is set in the Label Style, on the General tab, only labels that use that style, or other styles that reference the same layer, will be frozen.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
klugb
in reply to: tcorey

Tim,

I'm not sure it can be done the way he wants to use it. It sounds like he is setup like we are, using the -* wildcard to get the object name in the layer names. Unless you abandon the -* you only get one layer option (C-ANNO-ALGN) for both the alignment sta labels and the sta/off note labels. Either that or you hard-code a layer name in the style, once again breaking the -* object naming

feature.

Unless i'm too confused also Smiley Frustrated

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 4 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: klugb

Hello Bruce,

Yes, if you are using the -* wildcard, you can have multiple master layers, one for each different alignment, but not one for different alignment label styles. The only way to separate different alignment label styles for the same alignment is to hard-code the layer into the style using the option on the General tab. Wildcards are not available in the label style setting, only the Drawing Settings.

Looking more closely, you are trying to differentiate between alignment labels and general note labels? Two different beasts. Each should have its own master layer.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report