AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Thomas Glidewell
Message 1 of 6 (106 Views)

Label interior angels for parcels

106 Views, 5 Replies
03-25-2004 08:07 AM
Just wondering if anyone has found a way to label the interior angels for parcels. If not I would like to have it added to the wish list for civil 3d. Our plating department uses this on all our plats and would like to continue this with our intergration to civil 3d. Thanks
*Dave Simeone
Message 2 of 6 (106 Views)

Re: Label interior angels for parcels

03-26-2004 11:48 AM in reply to: *Thomas Glidewell
Hi Thomas - Currently there is no direct method to label the angle. I tried the standard AutoCAD angle dimension but it doesn't support the parcel object. As a general observation, it may be cleanest if AutoCAD commands such as this we able to parcel lines. I'll note it as a requirement. Using the current AutoCAD command(s) may be a more flexible and immediate solution. Note - as a work around (not one that I'm a super fan of), you can explode the parcels and use the AutoCAD angular dimension feature. Thanks DAS "Thomas Glidewell" wrote in message news:40630390_1@newsprd01... > Just wondering if anyone has found a way to label the interior angels for > parcels. If not I would like to have it added to the wish list for civil 3d. > Our plating department uses this on all our plats and would like to continue > this with our intergration to civil 3d. > Thanks > >
*Laurie Comerford
Message 3 of 6 (106 Views)

03-26-2004 12:03 PM in reply to: *Thomas Glidewell
Hi Dave, Can you add to the formatting of the angle display a capability of the label being the angle only written radially from the intersection at the mid angle of the intersection. The attached screen grab shows output for two angles from the lisp program I wrote to do this. This is the standard method required by the West Australian Titles office. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Dave Simeone" wrote in message news:406488fe$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hi Thomas - Currently there is no direct method to label the angle. I tried > the standard AutoCAD angle dimension but it doesn't support the parcel > object. As a general observation, it may be cleanest if AutoCAD commands > such as this we able to parcel lines. I'll note it as a requirement. Using > the current AutoCAD command(s) may be a more flexible and immediate > solution. > > Note - as a work around (not one that I'm a super fan of), you can explode > the parcels and use the AutoCAD angular dimension feature. > > Thanks > DAS > > "Thomas Glidewell" wrote in message > news:40630390_1@newsprd01... > > Just wondering if anyone has found a way to label the interior angels for > > parcels. If not I would like to have it added to the wish list for civil > 3d. > > Our plating department uses this on all our plats and would like to > continue > > this with our intergration to civil 3d. > > Thanks > > > > > > Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "Angle Label.png"
*Thomas Glidewell
Message 4 of 6 (106 Views)

03-26-2004 01:07 PM in reply to: *Thomas Glidewell
Thanks for your response Dave. I agree with Laurie that is almost the exact same way we show our interior angels that would be great to have that little diddy. Thanks again Tom G. "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:40648ba7_2@newsprd01... > Hi Dave, > > Can you add to the formatting of the angle display a capability of the label > being the angle only written radially from the intersection at the mid angle > of the intersection. The attached screen grab shows output for two angles > from the lisp program I wrote to do this. > > This is the standard method required by the West Australian Titles office. > > -- > > > Laurie Comerford > CADApps > www.cadapps.com.au > > "Dave Simeone" wrote in message > news:406488fe$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > Hi Thomas - Currently there is no direct method to label the angle. I > tried > > the standard AutoCAD angle dimension but it doesn't support the parcel > > object. As a general observation, it may be cleanest if AutoCAD commands > > such as this we able to parcel lines. I'll note it as a requirement. Using > > the current AutoCAD command(s) may be a more flexible and immediate > > solution. > > > > Note - as a work around (not one that I'm a super fan of), you can explode > > the parcels and use the AutoCAD angular dimension feature. > > > > Thanks > > DAS > > > > "Thomas Glidewell" wrote in message > > news:40630390_1@newsprd01... > > > Just wondering if anyone has found a way to label the interior angels > for > > > parcels. If not I would like to have it added to the wish list for civil > > 3d. > > > Our plating department uses this on all our plats and would like to > > continue > > > this with our intergration to civil 3d. > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > >
glidewell
Message 5 of 6 (106 Views)

08-20-2004 04:56 AM in reply to: *Thomas Glidewell
Thom is this you?

Ken
*Thomas Glidewell
Message 6 of 6 (106 Views)

08-24-2004 12:05 PM in reply to: *Thomas Glidewell
Yes it is email me at motocode1@aol.com "glidewell" wrote in message news:5283696.1093003039222.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thom is this you? > > Ken
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.