Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label interior angels for parcels

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
595 Views, 5 Replies

Label interior angels for parcels

Just wondering if anyone has found a way to label the interior angels for parcels. If not I would like to have it added to the wish list for civil 3d. Our plating department uses this on all our plats and would like to continue this with our intergration to civil 3d. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Thomas - Currently there is no direct method to label the angle. I tried the standard AutoCAD angle dimension but it doesn't support the parcel object. As a general observation, it may be cleanest if AutoCAD commands such as this we able to parcel lines. I'll note it as a requirement. Using the current AutoCAD command(s) may be a more flexible and immediate solution. Note - as a work around (not one that I'm a super fan of), you can explode the parcels and use the AutoCAD angular dimension feature. Thanks DAS "Thomas Glidewell" wrote in message news:40630390_1@newsprd01... > Just wondering if anyone has found a way to label the interior angels for > parcels. If not I would like to have it added to the wish list for civil 3d. > Our plating department uses this on all our plats and would like to continue > this with our intergration to civil 3d. > Thanks > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Dave, Can you add to the formatting of the angle display a capability of the label being the angle only written radially from the intersection at the mid angle of the intersection. The attached screen grab shows output for two angles from the lisp program I wrote to do this. This is the standard method required by the West Australian Titles office. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Dave Simeone" wrote in message news:406488fe$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hi Thomas - Currently there is no direct method to label the angle. I tried > the standard AutoCAD angle dimension but it doesn't support the parcel > object. As a general observation, it may be cleanest if AutoCAD commands > such as this we able to parcel lines. I'll note it as a requirement. Using > the current AutoCAD command(s) may be a more flexible and immediate > solution. > > Note - as a work around (not one that I'm a super fan of), you can explode > the parcels and use the AutoCAD angular dimension feature. > > Thanks > DAS > > "Thomas Glidewell" wrote in message > news:40630390_1@newsprd01... > > Just wondering if anyone has found a way to label the interior angels for > > parcels. If not I would like to have it added to the wish list for civil > 3d. > > Our plating department uses this on all our plats and would like to > continue > > this with our intergration to civil 3d. > > Thanks > > > > > > Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "Angle Label.png"
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for your response Dave. I agree with Laurie that is almost the exact same way we show our interior angels that would be great to have that little diddy. Thanks again Tom G. "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:40648ba7_2@newsprd01... > Hi Dave, > > Can you add to the formatting of the angle display a capability of the label > being the angle only written radially from the intersection at the mid angle > of the intersection. The attached screen grab shows output for two angles > from the lisp program I wrote to do this. > > This is the standard method required by the West Australian Titles office. > > -- > > > Laurie Comerford > CADApps > www.cadapps.com.au > > "Dave Simeone" wrote in message > news:406488fe$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > Hi Thomas - Currently there is no direct method to label the angle. I > tried > > the standard AutoCAD angle dimension but it doesn't support the parcel > > object. As a general observation, it may be cleanest if AutoCAD commands > > such as this we able to parcel lines. I'll note it as a requirement. Using > > the current AutoCAD command(s) may be a more flexible and immediate > > solution. > > > > Note - as a work around (not one that I'm a super fan of), you can explode > > the parcels and use the AutoCAD angular dimension feature. > > > > Thanks > > DAS > > > > "Thomas Glidewell" wrote in message > > news:40630390_1@newsprd01... > > > Just wondering if anyone has found a way to label the interior angels > for > > > parcels. If not I would like to have it added to the wish list for civil > > 3d. > > > Our plating department uses this on all our plats and would like to > > continue > > > this with our intergration to civil 3d. > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
glidewell

Thom is this you?

Ken
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Yes it is email me at motocode1@aol.com "glidewell" wrote in message news:5283696.1093003039222.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thom is this you? > > Ken

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report