Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
terryl
226 Views, 2 Replies

Label help

Looking for a way to label two station on one alignment in a construction note.  See attached.

Civil 3D 2021
Dell 5510
Win 10 Pro X64
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: terryl

My only thought so far, not a very good one:

In the picture, the two stations are 29 (I presume feet, but it doesn't matter) apart.  If they were always 29 feet apart, then yes, this could be done with one label and an expression to add 29 to the station.  You could also set up another expression, some lines & a block to take care of the double leader.

But I very much doubt that you are always dealing with a 29' length.  So you would have to copy the label and expressions for every instance, or for every change in the design that needed to change the length.  At that point you're just as well off to use mtext.

I recommend setting up a station label with small text on a no-plot layer.  Then you can leave the label there as a visual reminder, but just use a leader or whatever you have been doing for this label.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: terryl

You could label the first station. Than edit the Label text to include the second station and the rest of the note. You'd have to draw the second leader separately.

If you wanted to go to the trouble. You could create a separate alignment between those point. Then create a label with components for the start and end of the alignment. That would get both stations in the label.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report