AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
cbaildon001
Message 1 of 1 (98 Views)

Label geodetic distance of short lines

98 Views, 0 Replies
09-12-2013 04:25 PM

I have a Line label style setup to display the "General Segment Geodetic Distance" and it works great most of the time, but I have found that for lines shorter than about 0.25m it labels the length as zero.

I realise that there is no material difference between grid and ellipsoid distances of this length, but I commonally have lines to label of a range of lengths in the same drawing (from 0.01m to 20000m) and I want the same label style to work for all lengths.

How can I get the "General Segment Geodetic Distance" to work for short lines? Or do I need a label that displays Geodetic Distance when the line is over a certain distance long and General Segment Length when under a certain distance?

Regards

Caleb Baildon
Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Greymouth, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows7 64bit
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.