Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Dragged States.....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hkaplan1227
1939 Views, 3 Replies

Label Dragged States.....

i',m just scratching the surface I believe as far as creating a template. But, i'm still working with labels and have 2 questions. 1 is more of an opinion.

Why does the dragged state for labels have an independent text height setting? If I have a line label height set. Why would i want a different height in the dragged state? I had set up all of my line and curve labels and realized while editing other label styles that the height is independent for general and dragged.

Another problem I'm having is for point labels. I rotate a point label and then go to move it and i lose the rotation and then I can't rotate the label once its in the dragged state. I get a leader if i dragged the label to far I looked at the dragged state for point labels and I do NOT see an angle setting for dragged state. So, why is the rotation getting lost?

Any help would be appreciated

Howard Kaplan, Civil3D 2014
Dell Optiplex 9010
Intel I-7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
IanMcClain
in reply to: hkaplan1227

What version of C3D are you running?

In 2012 their is a seperate property for point rotation and label rotation. That might be an issue.

Also, in the point label dragged state components there is an "as composed" or "stacked text" option. As composed preserved all aspects of the undragged lablel. Stacked text reduces everthing to on text component with no lines or blocks. My recollection of pre 2012 C3D is that stacked text ignores label rotations.

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 4
hkaplan1227
in reply to: IanMcClain

I guess I should have mentioned I'm using Civil3D 2013. Not sure if you saw some of my more recent posts. We upgrading from LDD 2008. So, it is a huge step.

I'm not trying to rotating the marker, just the label. That whole "As composed" and "Stacked Text" thing still has me a little confused.

Thanks

Howard Kaplan, Civil3D 2014
Dell Optiplex 9010
Intel I-7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

Message 4 of 4
IanMcClain
in reply to: hkaplan1227

See the attache image for an example of as-composed vs. stacked. Also, I believe staked text will left/right adjust itself and the leader depending on which side of the node it is dragged to, whereas as-composed will not.

If you are using 2013 I don't see why you are losing the rotation. It could be a bug. Sounds very annoying.

You probably are aware of how to rotate it after you move: hover over the label grip to get a contextual menu and select "rotate label".

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report