Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Contains Broken Reference CD32009

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
slawrencebeacheng
5128 Views, 7 Replies

Label Contains Broken Reference CD32009

Anyone have this error pop up with CD3 2009 yet. "Label contains broken reference". My office has just recently upgraded from 2008 to 2009 and I get this error with any file that has labels from an xrefed file in it. Any help would be nice. Thanks,

Sam
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Renbrig
in reply to: slawrencebeacheng

If anyone has an answer to this that would be great.  I am still getting this message.  I have a file named IMP referenced into my SHT file and when I zoom extentens "Label Contains Broken Reference" appears.  It says it is coming from the IMP file but when I open the IMP file I don't have that "Label Contains Broken Reference".  I don't even have any labels in my IMP file.

I am using Civil 3D 2014.

Message 3 of 8
jporter
in reply to: Renbrig

I think I may know the source of your problem.  I can make this happen in all versions of the software including 2015.  I have 3 drawings (DwgA, DwgB, and DwgC).  I take DwgA and xref it into DwgB as an overlay, then label it.  Then I xref DwgB into DwgC (as an attachment or overlay - doesn't matter), zoom extents, and voila. . .I've got the "Label Contains Broken Reference" on my screen.  The issue is happening because you're xreffing with overlays.  

Let me know if that's the case,  

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 4 of 8
Haruko-CTQ
in reply to: jporter

We are having the same issue. It seems it just started happening this week. We've been adding lables thrugh Xref (overlay) for many versions and never had this issue before.  For once, when I deleted labels that was added to pipe network items outside of Xclip, it removed this message. but it showed up again. At this time, I don't have lebels outside of Xclip'ed area.  It is annoying because when you do Zoom, extent, it pan back all the way to 0,0,0. 

Message 5 of 8
jporter
in reply to: Haruko-CTQ

@Haruko-CTQ, do you have several xrefs as stated in my example above?  Does it allow you repair the broken reference?  

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 6 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: jporter

I realize this is a very old thread, but just seen the "Label contains broken reference" message, for the first time ever using 2016 SP2.

@Anonymous I think you've described exactly what's happening.

When attaching a certain survey dwg (which contains many C3D labels) as an Xref, the "Label contains broken reference" message appears at the crosshairs.

Once attached "Label contains broken reference" is also displayed in the drawing near 0,0 when zooming extents.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

BIND/INSERT the reference that's causing it

Message 8 of 8

I'm working in Civil3D 2020 and this is the first time I've ever seen this error. The odd part is that I have multiple tabs with multiple viewports in each tab, yet the error message only occurs in on of those 4 viewports. This same .dwg is being referenced into about 30 other files, yet there is only one instance of this error.

Timothy Swartzfager
CAD Monkey Extraordinaire
Civil 3D 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report