Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Composer - Missing Tick Layout Option

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
TomFelcone
271 Views, 4 Replies

Label Composer - Missing Tick Layout Option

Hello,

Civil 3d 2014 beginner, so this is probably a simple question - 

In the Label Style Composer I don't get a tick component option.

I'm using the delivered Point#-Elevation-Description label style and trying to change the size of the tick.

LabelComposer.jpg

What step am I missing?

Thanks,

Tom F.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: TomFelcone

You are showing the Label portion of the Point Object.  There are two things to a Point Object and the other is the Point Style, perhaps this is what you are speaking of.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
TomFelcone
in reply to: wfberry

Hi Bill,

I'm still figuring out how a label style relates to a point style.  I was able to change the X to a + in the Point Styles and that worked, but the preview under label styles still shows an 'X'?  Been through the help backwards and forwards, looks like it's time to buy a book.

Thanks,

Tom F

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: TomFelcone

Tom, the LabelStyle Composer always shows the X as a reference for you to know where the point marker will be placed. AFAIK, this cannot be changed.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
deanonewc
in reply to: Jeff_M

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/06/quick-tip-label-style-composer-missing-preview.html

Hi i was wonder anyone could help me. I have a missing preview on my label style composer, i have checked that i have the same link as being have suggested on the web link i have pasted, which i have.In the preview folder i have 2 other folders 'imperial' and 'metric' in which there are sub folders eg alignments, inside which are dwg files. I cannot understand why i still have a missing preview.Can anyone help?
Windows Vista & Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Data\Preview

Being Civil: Quick Tip: Label Style Composer Missing Preview

beingcivil.typepad.com
If when composing or editing a label style, you happen to notice that your preview window is blank, this may lead you to believe that there is a graphics card issue or possible corrupted installation. Typically this issue has nothing...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report