Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label azimuth bearings Layout>text>contents button doesn't work

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
codral
2505 Views, 10 Replies

Label azimuth bearings Layout>text>contents button doesn't work

So i'm trying to add some labels, in Azimuth bearing (I'm an autocad 2012 user but the school I'm studying at has Autocad Civil 3d 2012) by going to add label>Bearing over distance>clickbox>Layout>component bearing>text>contents (and clicking the ... button)

I then get the same error pop up 5 times "cannot find the resource string number 25202 in resource -581435392" and then " : AeccUiTce90".  I cannot continue.  This is the step I need to perform to change the bearings from quadrant to azimuth (i'm a surveyor so it's essential, and I've previously been manually writing them in).

I don't believe that I will be able to resolve this issue easily, I've tried a few different templates, and I've tried Civil 3d on 3 different computers, all with the same result.  I believe it is a networking issue, from what I've read.

In view of this, and assuming it's the case, Is it possible to upload someone elses setup labels, which have azimuth instead of quadrant?

If so can anyone create on, with azimuth and help there?

Cheers in advance

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ctbailey
in reply to: codral

The Azimuth setting is found in the Left panel of the Label Composer.

See the screenshot.

NorthAz.png

You must NOT forget to use the "Set Changes" arrow.

Label composing takes some patience, but once done, you're done!

codral
in reply to: ctbailey

Hey mate, yeh that's the button that does not work that I was talking about, the one in text>contents>and off to the right. It is the one giving me the error I detailed.  What you've outlined is the part I cannot do because of the error.

As above, does anyone know if I can bring in someone elses label style, where this is already changed to azimuth? And if so can someone upload or point me to one? 

Cheers 

Message 4 of 11
ctbailey

Getting the style from someone else is like giving a kid a fish. If we were to teach that kid to fish... So, I think you must be missing a step. In the Right Pane, be sure to select the "direction" component before you change to Azimuth, THEN use the "set it" button.

ctbailey

Sorry,

I missed the error message about missing resources and what not.

that's not a good sign.

First try making the change in a brand new drawing, based on a stock template.  If you still get that error, then log a tech support case.  I fear the drawing you are working in may be the culprit. 

What version Civil 3D?

codral

Hey, it's Autocad Civil 2012, I have tried to make the change above in a number of different drawing templates and have tried on a number of different computers.  From what I can find out about that resource number is that It can mean a number of things, many of which involve network problems.  Considering it is consistent across a number of computers at my school I am very doubtful that this error will be fixable... No doubt the IT support at my school is competent but It's extremely doubtful that they would ever get around to doing something so small, especially since I am probably the only student to ever bring it up.

So that is basically why I was hoping that the label style, in north azimuth would be something I could import, and share with the rest of the class (no doubt saving hours of manual labelling)

Cheers for the help so far mate,

Kieran 

Message 7 of 11
Jeff_M

Do you want a drawing based on Metric or Imperial units? (I'll just edit the stock NCS dwt and post that.)

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 11
ctbailey

With a sob story like that... I had to!

Here it is Imperial.  I assume you're in Australia... so I did some South Azimuth too.

Good luck

codral

Cheers guys,

Metric would be great if possible!

Thanks for all the help 

Message 10 of 11
ctbailey

Metric

codral

Thanks a heap guys, really appreciate it... One of the next projects we do is a 300 lot subdivision, I shudder to think how long the dimensioning would have taken on that.

Thanks again,

Kieran 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report