Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

label and object settings using layer 0 and plotting problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
annw2
417 Views, 2 Replies

label and object settings using layer 0 and plotting problems

I am having problems plotting out parcels and creating label settings.  I think I am missing an important concept in the object and display tab of setting creation.  I am not finding going through the documentation.   What I have found is not well explained.

I started with the OOB alignment settings.  I noted that the Basic setting has a description that states the object will take on the settings of the layer it is created on.

I noted that if I adjusted the alignment properities to "Basic". I could then move the 'roadway' alignments to P-RD-CL and the swale alignments to P-SWALE-CL.  Freezing the P-SWALE-CL then turns off the swale CL's, but keeps the roadway ones on.

I am looking for a fast way to determine which styles this works for or the area of the documentation that better explains how this works.

I am starting to explore creating label styles the same way.  That way I can double or triple label pipe networks such that identical styles are labeled on an E&S layer and a PCSM layer and the individual lables can be dragged on the two different sheet layouts in the same file to avoid text over writes.

Can anyone chime in with what they have found to work for them?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgordon
in reply to: annw2

my work flow has been to let the label create on it's default layer and then move them to the layer I want after they are created.    This way i'm able to control for instance a label that shows up on the 100 scale view and not on the 20 scale view.   Trying to exert too much control over what layer things are created on will just drive me nuts.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 3
SethHall
in reply to: annw2

I realize this question is more geared toward users in a production setting but have you tried toggling "Immediate And Independent Layer On/Off Control Of Display Components" in the OBJECT LAYERS tab of DRAWING SETTINGS? This may help...

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/filesCUG/GUID-6234275F-42BB-4983-8C79-E3C0AEDD75A1.htm#GUID-...

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report