Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kicks me out of model space into paper space

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mermerCAD
786 Views, 5 Replies

Kicks me out of model space into paper space

Hi-

We just installed 2013.  I'm in a layout tab, a AutoCAD/C3D keeps kicking me out of model space into paper space.  Does anyone have any advice to stop if from doing this? 

Thanks so much!

Meredith

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: mermerCAD

More specific information needed to get an solution for.

At what point you kicked out? Is it all drawings or just one? Multiple installs all same?

Are you in a layout tab containing a "locked" viewport so it's "switching" back to model space?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
mermerCAD
in reply to: Jay_B

First, let me clarify.  I am in a layout tab, in a locked viewport, and it will just randomly switch from the viewport to paperspace.  I can't find a pattern to it.  It doesn't do it after every command.  It doesn't do it when it autosaves.  It just seems random, but it's annoying.  It does it in multiple drawings, and no one else seems to be having the same problem. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: mermerCAD

It is pretty simple to do a "Repair of your Installation" using the Control Panel.  I would do that first.

Bill

Message 5 of 6
JAMcD
in reply to: wfberry

Some guys at our office is having this same issue with C3D 2016. Can someone help me figure out how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
RSDAH1898
in reply to: JAMcD

I'm having the same problem (for the first time ever) after installing the latest 2021 version of AutoCAD... I'm going to uninstall 2021 and go back to 2020 as this is not the only new bug I'm having to deal with right now

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report