Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just trying to create a surface!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
118 Views, 3 Replies

Just trying to create a surface!

Ok, so forgive me if this is a simple task, I'm new to MAP and autoCAD too. I just imported a dgn file. I want to create a TIN surface using the elevations stored in this map. I can get as far as creating the empty TIN but I seem to be having problems adding anything to it. I have read all the help and I seem to be doing things correctly, but nothing is working and the TIN stays invisible, even though it says it has breaklines etc. ANY help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Margaret
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

How did you try to add the data from the converted drawing to the surface (what operations, for example, add points, create breaklines, etc)?

When you say there are breaklines, are they just breakline collections, or do you see a listing of breaklines within the collection?

Regards,

Jonathan Burgoyne
Autodesk
Message 3 of 4
eallen

Not to be overly simplistic, but did you try changing the style of the surface to one that has "triangles" on in the display tab?

Even after you have done this, C3D surfaces need lots of rebuilding and regening as you work with them. Often if you turn the layer the surface resides off, when you turn the layer back on, it will not show up until you go to View>regen
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi
try putting on, the display of triangles, in the surface style properties. if this is also not working, you can mail me the drawing at amit@dt.ae. I will try it out and reply.

Amit
Autodesk System Centre
Dubai

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report