Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumpy cursor when running AutoCAD in Windows virtual machine using VMware Fusion

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
knmdk
1569 Views, 1 Reply

Jumpy cursor when running AutoCAD in Windows virtual machine using VMware Fusion

Hey there,

I've faced a jumpy cursor issue in AutoCAD (AutoCAD Civil 3D) recently. Since I've tried all solutions I've found over the Internet with no luck I'd like to contribute the solution.

Solution allpies ultimately to all versions of Autodesk products only in case you're running product in Windows (any version) virtual machine using VMware Fusion (any version) on OS X (any version). It has been tested with

— VMware Fusion 4 under OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with AutoCAD 2011, AutoCAD 2013;

— VMware Fusion 4 under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013;

— VMware Fusion 5 under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013;

— VMware Fusion 5.0.1 under OS X 10.8.1 Mountain Lion and Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013

Open VMware Fusion preferences. In General tab select drop-down menu item and change it from "Always optimize mouse for games" to "Never optimize mouse for games". This is it! Absolutely no need to switch off Aero effects and do changes in AutoCAD settings.

Good luck!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ralcalaH8QWV
in reply to: knmdk

Fixed it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report