Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping cross sections and projections

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LyleHardin
241 Views, 2 Replies

Jumping cross sections and projections

Sometimes through a viewport my cross sections of surfaces move up and down in relation to the section view grid.  3D Solids I have projected to the cross section view also jump up or down.  Usually, but not always, doing a REGEN in the viewport a few times brings things back together. It's crazy annoying because I will label something with Mleaders in a viewport, go to my model tab and do something, then come back to the layout tab and the Mleaders are pointing to the wrong things (or nothing) because my surfaces in the section view have shifted. Other times the projections won't print even though they are viewable in the viewport. Yes, they are all on printable layers... 

I'm going batty!  I don't see anyone else having similar issues, but what does one search for in this case?

Things fall apart even though I'm not doing anything with the surfaces.

I've stopped, started, purged, audited, rebooted, and even recreated the section views. 

I do recall this happening before when we had mixed versions of Civil 3D (2010 and 1011, I think).

I've created all this on 2015.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: LyleHardin

What if you lock the viewport scale?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
LyleHardin
in reply to: tcorey

It's locked.
It's not a corrupt viewport, I've recreated the viewport with the same results.
I bound the xrefs and promoted the surfaces and it still happens.
Autodesk is able to recreate it with my data.
I've not tried recreating the whole drawing.
I've been on other projects since then.
I just have to be careful to regen two or three times so the surfaces look okay.
Gotta print this particular layout separately. Can't rely on publishing from sheet set manager.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report