Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jog Profile Labels

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
Cre9engr
1918 Views, 26 Replies

Jog Profile Labels

Is there a way to insert a jog into a profile label?

Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200
-Civil 3D user since 2007
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
Neilw_05
in reply to: troma

I understand now. I thought you were resolving my problem with Joe's suggestion.

So my suggestion as a solution to the question on how to create jogs for profile labels is to create a style that keeps the text oriented vertically and no arrow for a terminator when in dragged state. Then when the labels overlap, just drag as needed and add PI's to the leader to create the jogs.

No matter what we come up with for an OOTB solution it will require manually moving the labels to resolve the overlaps.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 22 of 27
Neilw_05
in reply to: Neilw_05

I've really got to get in the habit of running a spell check before posting! It would sure be nice to have dynamic spell check such as with word processors.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 23 of 27
Neilw_05
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Actually I'm so used to setting dragged state to STACKED that I forgot about the As-Composed behavior, so I stand corrected on that.

As far as I know the OP wants a jogged leader for the labels. Perhaps Joe will find a way to make his idea work.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 24 of 27
Cadguru42
in reply to: Cre9engr

I don't know how to get the jog to look the way the OP wants, but when I drag my label I get the landing always horizontal. Is there a way to not have it do that? Here's a profile view station/offset label I have for an intersection.

profile_label_no_jog.png

Here is it is when I drag it. I have the dragged state set to "As composed". Where do I turn off the horizontal leader landing?

profile_label_dragged.png

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 25 of 27
Joe-Bouza

this is the best I can come up with. Cant get rid of the landing on the leader, and it doesn't function as I hoped; with the leader comming off the end of the line. It 3 clicks to make a jog (two too many unfortunately) Rename to dwg

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 26 of 27
Neilw_05

I think I understand what you were wanting to do Joe. I don't think it can work the way you were thinking because your idea requires attaching one label to another label. All we can do is attach a label to a feature and then attach the components within the label to each other. So in your sample you don't gain any benefit from the LINE label style used in the label set.

In all the methods I can think of we end up with the annoying leader tail when the label gets dragged. I don't see a good OOTB solution to this one.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 27 of 27
losfotos

That leader tail/landing is annoying beyond belief...

Only solution I have found is to create multiple styles with jogs built in or doing a dragged state style with no leader and set to 'as composed'.  I know you all are mostly talking about profile labels but I thought I would add this.

jog after.PNG

jog after.PNG

Carl Simpson
C3D 2015 & 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report