Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with printing profile elements

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
163 Views, 2 Replies

Issues with printing profile elements

I have a profile and a profile view that were generated using standard Civil 3d commands. Upon completion of the profile I added few elements on it using regular autocad. These include few lines and multileaders. All the Civil 3d generated labels and autocad generated multileaders are on the same layer with same line weights. Until yesterday when I was printing my drawing all the texts on the profile (civil 3d and cad) appeared similar in terms of line weight.

Today when I am printing my drawing all of a sudden all the civil 3d elements do not seem to adopt to any layer properties (especially the line weight of the layer they are on) that I have modified them to.

I have been struggling to find out the issue with this since past few hours and I am wondering if there is any standard error that is causing it.

I would appreciate if anyone can provide any input, in case they have run in to similar issue in the past.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums!

There is a known issue in C3D 2014 SP1 where lineweights may not honor the weight settings and plot at a default width often relative to profile views.

A workaround for this is to turn on the Navbar (which unfortunately will usually plot as well).

Some users have also removed all but one icon on the Navbar to minimize the size of the Navbar when plotted.

More information re: this issue here.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/lineweight-problem-in-Autocad-Civil-3D-2014/t...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

For now I have sort of developed an alternate patch. When I go and modify the line weight for a layer in the layer manager, all the texts (civil 3d and autocad) display on a uniform lineweight. But if I select individual Civil 3d label and change the line weight in the properties tab it doesn't work.

In any case, thanks for your prompt response. I'll try your solution and provide the input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report