Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Intersection Corridor Surfaces

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
anogramatic
1963 Views, 5 Replies

Issues with Intersection Corridor Surfaces

I'm designing a short section of highway with a few access junctions.

As the first two junctions are on opposite sides of the road but slightly staggered, I have created half-alignments for the primary alignment.  This enabled me to have two junctions in close proximity to each other without a kerb running along the channel line where the secondary road joins!

I did the same for the third junction (only used a half assembly for the primary alignment).  In 'Corridor Properties', I then manually changed start and end station values to complete the corridor.

For the most part, this seems to have worked.  I'm just getting a few little niggles I can't seem to fix.  The first is holes around the tangetial points for my kerbs in object viewer for the Corridor.  Not for all, just some (see screenshot 01).

The second is my corridor surface is throwing up some very weird, and unexpected contour lines. (see screenshot 02).  This is mainly around the kerb tangental points as it joins the primary alignment.  This doesn't seem to match what I'm seeing in Object viewer of the Corridor itself.

Has anybody else had any similar problems they were able to solve? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
StephenP9
in reply to: anogramatic

This is not an answer to your questions but as I was reading your post I noticed that you have solved the question that I was looking to ask about.

For your access juntions, did you create small alignments for each? Also did you use a full assembly or a half for these sections?

I'm doing the same where I only need to go a few metres into the intersecting roads and can't seem to blend my main road into the side roads.

Message 3 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: anogramatic

the squiggle are most likely due to lack of vertical target or conflict. Are you certain yout return profiles match the cross fall grade of the mainline?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
doni49
in reply to: StephenP9

1) Are you using the Intersection tools?  Or creating them manually?

2) when troubleshooting surface issues, I usually start by turning on Triangles.  A contour won't be so jagged unless there's someting pulling it back and forth and you'll likely see that if triangles are on.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 6
Joe-Bouza

yes. make return alignents and profiles. as for the mainline it depends. If you are matching crowns use half section on the far side and let the return subs target to the crowwn point of the mainline. in you are maintaining main line flow line include a half section with out curb and sidewalk and target accordingly.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
anogramatic

For the side access roads you can use full assemblies, though will also need half assemblies for the quadrants at the intersections.

Alot of manual half assembly creation is required for the main corridor running through the middle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report