Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Issues with Cogo Points in Paper Space

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dwk1204
2875 Views, 4 Replies

Issues with Cogo Points in Paper Space

I have a drawing that contains all my cogo points xref'd into my main drawing. Model Space and Paper Space are both set to 1:100. The points look great in model space, but are about 5 times larger in paper space? I was wondering if it had something to do with it being an xref, but when I open the actual xref I get the same behavior?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance..

Civil 3D 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: dwk1204

Verify the plot scale units in the Page Setup definition are set properly to inches or mm.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: dwk1204

Sounds like your Point Style setings.

Look into the Marker Size options for Point Styles.

You can set the marker (symbol) to -

• Use Drawing Scale
  • Use Fixed Scale
  • Use Size in Absolute Units
  • Use Size Relative to Screen

I would gues your point styles are set to Use Drawing Scale or Use Size Relative to Screen.

Try this page -

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2014/ENU/filesCUG/GUID-B0406250-A4F2-48CB-BEC2-781B0799FDE7.htm

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 5

check yoru annotation scale settings too.  I had that issue with one of my drawings. 

Surveyor Lee

Message 5 of 5
GTVic
in reply to: SurveyorLee

Just to add another tip for anyone who reads this ...

If using Drawing Scale with a height in mm then check the Plot Dialog or Page Setup Manager, if your drawing is metric and you pick an imperial paper size it will set the scale to 1 = 25.4 inches and all cogo point markers will be 1 / 25.4 of the desired height. Just set to 1 mm = 1 m or 1:1000.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report