Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues labeling finished contours

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Chaznsc
493 Views, 7 Replies

Issues labeling finished contours

I have a finished grade surface that has contrours. Im trying to label the contours using my "proposed contour label" STYLE. When I apply the labels, I am getting the text on multiple layers and a white line along the path I drag across the contours.

What am I doing wrong?

contour labels.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Chaznsc

If you want you can label them independantly, instead of selecting multiple just choose single and then you can pick where you want the label to be.  But if you want to drag the line out you can, but I just figured it out. Just turn off the bulb in the layer manager for that peticular line, C-Topo-Text it is for me and the line will go away.

But if you want to add more labels then you have to turn it back on, when you're done with that then you can turn it off again.

Message 3 of 8
Chaznsc
in reply to: Anonymous

Do I understand correctlythat I must set the STYLE of the labels within the COMMANDS subsection?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

What you can do is highlight that line, then go into the layers window and find it then uncheck the lightbult like in the file I attached.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

After you uncheck the bulb... And no I don't think you have to set the style unless you want the text to be larger or smaller or a different color, etc..

Message 6 of 8
Sinc

You get that to work?  I seem to remember that if the Label Line was on a layer that was Off, the contour labels were also Off.  Maybe that depends on how you have Styles setup...

We usually use the Command Settings.  Settings -> Surface -> Commands -> AddContourLabeling -> [rt-click] Edit Command Settings -> Contour Labeling Defaults, set "Display Contour Label Line" to FALSE.  Do this in your DWT, so it's set like this in all new drawings.

If you already have contour label lines in your drawing and they're visible, select one of them, right-click -> Select Similar, then in Properties, set "Display Contour Label Line" to FALSE.

Sinc
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

Ya I didn't think it would work either, I thought it would shut everything off but it didn't..

Message 8 of 8
JessieQuilatan

chaz-

In the "Add Contour Labeling" command settings, change "display contour label line" to False. This will make the line go away. You can still adjust the line by clicking on the contour label. Grips will appear.

Do this also to the "Add Contour Labeling Single" & "Add Contour Labeling Group" command settings.

As to multiple layers, check that the styles listed for both minor & major contour labels are using the right layer.

-Michael

Edit Command Settings-Add Contour Labeling.jpg

Michael Merlino
Civil Engineering Technician / "CAD Manager"
SAN JOSE, CA, USA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report