Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue hatching in profile view

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ltmullen
933 Views, 8 Replies

Issue hatching in profile view

I discovered a weird thing that seems like a bug...I tried to hatch manually while in profile view (couldn't figure out how to do what I want with the profile view hatching options) and it seems that if I try to make one hatch (by picking internal points) that includes multiple structure profiles on the same profile view, the first structure profile for that profile view works as a hatch boundary, but subsequent structure profiles are basically ignored if I keep trying to pick internal points to make a composite hatch.

I assume it's because of this same bug that I can't create a hatch by choosing boundary objects and using two structure profiles in the same profile view as boundary objects.

Has anyone else experienced this/does anybody know how to resolve this? Or, if anyone could help me figure out how to hatch using the profile view hatching and to use a pipe network as a boundary, that would also be helpful.

Strange final thing to note...if I hatch by picking internal points, and pick one area with a structure profile as part of the boundary, and then I pick a similar area in a different profile view, everything works fine...it's just the second (and though I don't have more than 2 structures per profile view in my drawing, I would assume any subsequent) structure profiles that I try to use as hatch boundaries that AutoCAD is basically ignoring.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: ltmullen

if you are trying to use the profile view hatch options why are you picking points?

Its not exactly clear what you are trying to do.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
ltmullen
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Basically I want a hatch in my profile view that updates dynamically using my pipe network as one of the boundaries.

I tried doing it using the hatching feature built into the profile view object, and I also tried doing it manually (which is the method I was primarily referring to in this post) as well. I haven't been able to make either method work.

Message 4 of 9
Joe-Bouza

the profile view method only works btween profiles, I do not see a selection for pipe networks. Are you trying to hatch you pipes and structure or an area above and/or below the pipe network?

If you trying to hatch the pipe network itself you can do that through your pipe and structure style settings.

if you are trying to do the other ...? I'll go out on a limb here and say no you cant do it unless you figure out a way to make a dyno surface of the pipe network

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
ltmullen

I'm trying to hatch an area between the pipe network and a surface profile.

I know the profile view hatch feature doesn't work directly for pipe networks...I was hoping maybe I could find a work-around.

Message 6 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Not much of a work around trace the top of the network with a layout profile. not dynamic. I'm curious what is that for? looks?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
ltmullen

To show wetlands crossings on profiles for construction plans.

Message 8 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Ok, maybe projecting objects to profile view will work for you? and they would be dynamic. wouldn't be a hatch but you could get some kind of flag to show the limits of the wetlands.

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
MVOELTNER

I know this is an old post but I just came across it myself. Same type of issue with hatching in a profile that shows a pipe network in crossing. In my case using the hatch option in the profile view (to show the area in fill) between finished grade and existing ground and around the pipe crossings (from the pipe network) not through the pipes. I guess in short is there some sort of part masking for crossings in profile view?

Thanks

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report