Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolate/Hide Objects not retained

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
4272 Views, 12 Replies

Isolate/Hide Objects not retained

Isolate or Hide selected object is not being retained when drawing is opened. Is this a variable that I can't find or a known issue?

Civil 3D 2011 64bit

Win 7 64bit Enterprise

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

As far a I know this is normal behavior. I believe the object hide just temporarily removes the objects from the display.

If you continually want to hide the same objects in a drawing. I'd suggest making those objects in to a group so they're easy to hide each time.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

I could swear this worked in the earlier versions. Gonna have to install on test machine and verify.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Confirmed that the isolate/hide objects was retained on save and open in C3D 2009. Does anyone know of a way to turn this ability back on?

Message 5 of 13
BrianHailey

My guess (and that is truly what it is) is that Civil 3D is no longer using the Civil 3D isolate command and is now using the new AutoCAD isolate command and that is probably why you are seeing a difference.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 13
Jeff_M

Looks like a bug with the save portion of the command. I can save a drawing with isolated objects in 2009, open it in 2011 and they are still isolated. Unisolate works as expected. If I then isolate the same objects, still in 2011, save, exit, open, the isolated objects are not isolated.

Log a support request....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

I tried to hide objects in model space in Autocad 2011 and saved it, then when I reopened it, all hided objects showed up.

Is there good way to retain the hide effect? Thanks!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I just found way to fix this problem.

In command line, type objectisolatemode, then type 1. The default is 0 which means hide function only works temporarily, while 1 means saved. Hope it would help.

Cheers

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

TYPE "OJBECTISOLATIONMODE"

DEFAULT SETTING IS "0" (TEMPORARY)

SET OJBECTISOLATIONMODE=1

SETTING OF "1" CAUSES "HIDEOBJECTS" AND "ISOLATEOBJECTS" STATE TO PERSIST BETWEEN DRAWING SESSIONS.

Regards,

Justin Todd, P.Eng, M.ASCE
Principal Consultant
Direct: +1 (403) 612 2699
justin.todd@toddtek.com

Suite 110, 239 10 Ave. SE
Calgary, Alberta, T2G 0V9

Message 10 of 13
williams.cory.a

The OBJECTISOLATION = 1 worked for retaining the hidden object when re-opening but now I can't hide all the objects it seems like only the blocks are being hidden and not piping.

Message 11 of 13

Morning all

another option is to use Layer Manager -

set a layer state with the "hidden" objects layer(s) frozen or turned off and you can control the hidden objects very easily.

this does assume the objects on all on set layers (that freezing or turning off) does not remove too much for the drawing to continue working

good luck

nonbeard13

Message 12 of 13

That is actually what I ended up doing.

Message 13 of 13
lamensterms

Thanks a lot for posting this solution, exactly what I was looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report