Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IsLayout problem in my simple sample conditional link (SAC)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ekoneo
434 Views, 3 Replies

IsLayout problem in my simple sample conditional link (SAC)

I prepared a simple conditional link with SAC. The condition is simple. If the start point is under a defined surface, create a link. If the start point over the defined surface do not create the link. When I use my conditional link I add a generik link (vertical link) to my simple conditional link. After the creation of corridor, I get unwanted result. Smiley Indifferent When my link's start point is under the defined surface my link is created. And my vertical link too. When my conditional link's start point is over the surface, conditional link doesnt created but the vertical link is created unfortunatelly.

I read many messages on this site. I undersatand that the problem is Islayout mode problem. But I couldnt solve it. My sample pkt and dwg files are shared here. Can anybody help me? Thanks already. The .zip file includes both of them.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: ekoneo

In just looking at your pkt file and not trying it in the dwg, I think that the decision for AP2.Y>0 is what is causing your subassembly to not create anything after the AP2 point when you are in a "fill" (when your link's starting point is over the surface). I do not think the IsLayout conditional has anything to do with your problem.

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 4
ekoneo
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Hi Kati, thanks so much.

You are right. The problem caused by the decision of "AP2.Y>0" condition.

In civil 3D palette, there are conditionalCutOrFill subassemblies. When I use conditionalCutOrFill, I dont get any problem.

How it is works?

When I use 2 conditionalCutOrFill subassembly, fist one is cut type and the other is fill type. Then I attached a link at the end of the conditionalCutOrFill subassembly. If cut condition is true, cut links occures. If fill condition is true, fill links created.

How can I make a decision like this?

Message 4 of 4
ekoneo
in reply to: ekoneo

Also I found a topic. I need the stop the workflow depending on fill or cut condition test result.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/subassembly-composer-conditional-sa/td-p/3100...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report