Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to completely disable "level of detail" mode?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ghunt1981
1533 Views, 2 Replies

Is there any way to completely disable "level of detail" mode?

A couple weeks ago I accidentally turned on Level Of Detail mode. Now, EVERY TIME I open a drawing that has a surface in it, I have to manually turn off Level Of Detail mode or the surface won't show up. It's really annoying, and now I can't figure out how to set it as disabled by default like it was before I turned it on. How do I do this?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: ghunt1981

Level of Detail isn't a drawing setting, it's a system setting. What happens if you create a brand new drawing? Is it on then? Do you have any scripts or lisp routines that run when you open a drawing?

If you can't figure out what's turning it on, you could always modify your acaddoc.lsp file and add (command "levelofdetailoff").

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
Neilw_05
in reply to: ghunt1981

I wasted an entire day trying to figure out why my drawing would hang everytime I tried to save it with contours displayed.

I finally figured out the culprit. Guess what it was..

Running LEVELOFDETAILOFF solved the problem.

What a frustrating experience.

I swear I have yet to do ANY project in this software that hasn't forced me to spend MANY hours troubleshooting and loooking for solutions to problems.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report