AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
albionpjl
Message 11 of 20 (315 Views)

Re: Is there a way to select by object data?

05-22-2013 06:06 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

Which dialogue box is that? I tried toolspace but it doesn't match that. I can't find a quick view option. Zoom extents shows nothing. I even tried delete and select all and it selected nothing.

The dwg doesn't seem to be coming into the new drawing.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 12 of 20 (312 Views)

05-22-2013 06:07 AM in reply to: albionpjl

Hi,

one additional thing: if you look to the screenshots from Allen, the query-dialog has three options to query data:

- Preview

- Draw

==> please select "Draw" otherwise (if you let "Preview" activated) the first _REGEN will remove the preview and so the visibility of the queried entities.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
albionpjl
Message 13 of 20 (309 Views)

05-22-2013 06:10 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

_adedrawings does not seem to be actually putting a copy of the dwg into the new drawing. I can't right click on it because there is nothing to right click on.

Which workspace do I need to be in to see the things in those videos?

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 14 of 20 (308 Views)

05-22-2013 06:11 AM in reply to: albionpjl

That's the TaskPane. Type MAPWSPACE and set to On to open it. Sorry we must be confusing you. Alfred always works with the command line. I mix in the toolpallet also.

A quick and dirty way of attaching a drawing is to drag it from explorer in to the Taskpane. But only do this for drawings you're not going it need attached after the query. I've know Map to loose the path after the drawing is closed.

albionpjl
Message 15 of 20 (298 Views)

05-22-2013 06:25 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

OK thanks, got the task pane up.

PArt of the problem is that I have this customised to remove the ribbon and only show things I use on a day to day basis. That does not include the task pane.

I couldn't find any info in cad help on how to show the task pane again if you turn it off.

OK quickview shows the dwg, but when I execute the query, it's finding 0 entities, although I know that there are entities with that specific number in the object data drawing field.

It also doesn't let me open that active dwg in a separate window to check that the number is correct. I checked in the GIS and picked a number that should produce a nice ling ditch with several segments, but still 0 entities.

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 16 of 20 (293 Views)

05-22-2013 06:28 AM in reply to: albionpjl

albionpjl wrote:

Which workspace do I need to be in to see the things in those videos?

I couldn't get the video to open. But based on 2012 help you're probably looking at the Ribbon. I think THIS may be more helpful.

Capture.PNG

Allen Jessup

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 17 of 20 (291 Views)

05-22-2013 06:30 AM in reply to: albionpjl

Is it possible for you to share a small area of your drawing for us to see what kind of data you're trying to query based on?

Allen Jessup

albionpjl
Message 18 of 20 (285 Views)

05-22-2013 06:42 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

Here you go.

Ring ditch, some grave cuts, a few postholes and some ditches, and a bit of medieval furrow.

It seems though, that this method might actually be slower than making a dwg without the drawing numbers and retagging in the GIS. SIgh.

I have to work on something else now but will check in again later.

Thanks for all the help. This bit of dwg is from a GIS drawing that has just had the first accident which may lead to it corrupting later on. (Someone hit the delete button on something and that is a surefire way to corrupt files.)

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 19 of 20 (278 Views)

05-22-2013 07:07 AM in reply to: albionpjl

OK. This is how I set up the Query for all objects with a "Drawing" value of 4900. This only worked when I selected the table NBCPL2. So in the "Define Query of Attached Drawing" select Data. In the Data Condition dialog select Object Data, table NBCPL2 and object data fields Drawing. Set the value for the number you want to query. See attached image.

There are a couple of paths you could take after you start querying your data. You could save each drawing and insert them all to the final one later or wblock the entities out to new drawings and combine them. If your layer setup lets you, you could freeze the layers of the entities you've already worked on and keep bringing in more.

Allen Jessup

albionpjl
Message 20 of 20 (263 Views)

05-22-2013 08:28 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

Wayhay! Success. Thank you very much. AND I found how to get the task pane up from the old drop down menu as well. (it's off the view button).

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.