Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get rid of the geo marker permanently?

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
dmaximob10
5598 Views, 16 Replies

Is there a way to get rid of the geo marker permanently?

I'm updating a lot of our drawing files and typing in geomarkervisibility all the time is going to give me early onset carpal tunnel syndrome.

Is there a way to have it not show up at all?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: dmaximob10

What about adding a lisp routine to your startup to set geomarkervisibility to 0?  I wrote something quick that seems to work for me.

(defun c:geooff()
 (setvar "geomarkervisibility" 0)
)

Message 3 of 17
mathewkol

This setting is saved in the DWG file so those need to be opened, the setting changed, and then the files saved and closed.  You can make the setting change happen to ALL files when opened by using the acaddoc.lsp file as nvengineer indicated.  You don't need the defun part though, you can simply place (setvar "geomarkervisibility" 0) in your acaddoc.lsp file.

Another option, if you want to do only this in a whack of files is to create an AutoCAD script file and run that script on a bunch of files by using SciptPro.  If you have a 64 bit system, ScriptPro won't work and you'll have to find another application, like AutoScript http://www.cadig.com/products/autocad-script-pro.php

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 17
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: mathewkol

Write it into your acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp file and have it read into every drawing.

Now that I say this, its a good idea, *off to go do just that*

Message 5 of 17
dmaximob10

Cool, Adding to the acaddoc.lsp is the solution I was looking for to solve my issue!

My fingers thank you guys!

Message 6 of 17
Jeff_M
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

While you are at it, include

(setvar "filedia" 1)

in your acad.lsp so that the next time C3D crashes it won't leave you entering drawing paths at the command prompt.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 17
Murph_Map
in reply to: Jeff_M

Also set cmddia  = 1 as well. Don't recall what I was doing but somehow that got changed and trying to work with a layout the mapgrid tool and a coordinate system and ADESETCRDSYS  kept asking for the info in the command line, with that off it can be a little confusing to standard users. ; )  

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 8 of 17
Sinc
in reply to: Murph_Map

I have on rare occassions also seen ATTDIA get set to 0 as well, so I set all three to 1 in my acaddoc.lsp file.

Sinc
Message 9 of 17
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: Sinc

I have mine as

attdia=1

cmddia=1

filedia=1

pickfirst=1

geomarkervisibility=0

The stupid variables that switch when you crash

Message 10 of 17
neilyj666

This looked like the answer I was looking for - but I can't find the acaddoc.lsp file

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 11 of 17
Jeff_M
in reply to: neilyj666

Create a new text file and rename it. Place it in the AutoCAD Support Path.

EESignature
Message 12 of 17
MikeEvansUK

The file should be located at: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011\Support\acad2011doc.lsp where the 2011 bit will be the version you are running and of course the installation path of the application which may differ.

Add the information at the end and save & close.

You must change the ACADLSPASDOC variable to 1 (which tells the app to load this file into every drawing when opened) then it will work.

Format the text as: NB You can use lisp instead but I find this less confusing when you have lots of additions.

(command "SETVAR" "VARIABLE" "VALUE")

So: (Command "Setvar" "Attdia" "1") etc. add each command on a separate line, some require a hard return afterwards to do this add a space then "" inside the brackets at the end.

eg: (Command "-Layer" "Thaw" "0" "")

To find these turn the filedia off and run a command from the command line you will then see where you need to add them in. !! Don't forget to turn it back on !!

To remove (or Rem a command sequence) from running when you open a drawing add three semicolons before the first bracket, like this >  ;;;(Command ...)

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 13 of 17
Jeff_M
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Mike,

You should NOT add this to the acadXXXXdoc.lsp, as this can/will be replaced during ServicePack updates. Using acaddoc.lsp is safe as this is meant to be used by the end user for this purpose.

ACADLSPASDOC does not need to be set to use this method. This only tells AutoCAD to load acad.lsp into every drawing (this used to be the case in OLD versions..pre 2000 I believe) but acaddoc.lsp has replaced this.

And last, just one semicolon is needed to comment out a line.

Jeff

EESignature
Message 14 of 17
neilyj666

Thanks for the replies, I added some lines to for geomarkervisibility and filedia to acaddoc.lsp and it works fine now

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 15 of 17
MikeEvansUK

Thanks Jeff, I never knew that just used it the Old way probably since R11 I can't remember for sure.

I have found it in the help now: you're correct it states that you shouldn't use the XXXX file and the ACADLSPASDOC doesn't have any impact on the loading of the AcadDoc file however the XXXX file is loaded prior to the acaddoc file. So does that mean that the acaddoc is not loaded unless the variable is set? Confusing that one?

I will amend my ways : ) However I'll still use more than one ; cos I like it.

Also worth a mention here: to add the file a scale list reset function. To do this (Command "-Scalelist" "R" "y" "E") as they still seem to pirculate in from old drawings with the illness.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 16 of 17
Jeff_M
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

@mikeevans wrote:

So does that mean that the acaddoc is not loaded unless the variable is set? Confusing that one? 

Nope, acaddoc.lsp is loaded with every drawing. The only way for it not not load, AFAIK, is to delete or rename it.

Just to clarify for others: Acad.lsp, if it exists, will load every time you start a new session of AutoCAD/C3D unless ACADLSPASDOC is set to 1 in which case it will load with each drawing opening just as acaddoc.lsp does.

EESignature
Message 17 of 17
Bob.Felton
in reply to: neilyj666

acaddoc.lsp doesn't exist by default. It's meant to be a user-defined file that is read if it exists.

Just make a new text file in Notepad, paste the Lisp expressions you need, then save it as acaddoc.lsp in the Support folder where AutoCAD starts. A typical path for you would be here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011\Support\acaddoc.lsp

(PS, next time I'll look for more replies on page 2)

Bob Felton
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report