Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to make an expression do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
callen
385 Views, 4 Replies

is it possible to make an expression do this?

I want to create a dynamic label that outputs an elevation based upon the following:

(profile elevation-(station offset*user input slope value))=elevation at a joint line.

I cannot seem to figure out how to connect the offset and profile elevation within an expression to make this work.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: callen

If you have an alignment & profile, then you shouldn't need an expression, just use an alignment "Station Offset Label" and add a "Reference Text" component for category: Profile > "Profile Elevation" in text contents on layout tab in the label style.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
callen
in reply to: Jay_B

You must have misunderstood my want.  I want to be able to determine the elevation of a joint say 10' from CL at a 2.0% slope.  I want the label to automatically use the exact offset from the alignment and a user entered slope to calculate the joint elevation from the profile elevation.  

Ideally, I would add a station offset label, it would prompt me for a slope value and prompt me to select which profile and majically a joint elevation would appear.  I just can't seem to figure out how to link the offset and profile elevation together.

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

You cant pause for user input.
No corridor? A corridor can target the joint lines and you can just add a surface label.

And if its existing you can still do it

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Jay_B

Yes I did misunderstand your post, was thinking you were using a corridor, and already had a profile along this joint.
I missed the "user input" but like Joe, I'm confused as to what this user input is to be used for?

Can you post a sketch, showing the alignment, profile location, the joint layout and cross slope information?

There are dynamic options for labeling station and offsets along a profile or corridor surface but first we need to understand your design a little better.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report