Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invisible surfaces

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
albionpjl
697 Views, 24 Replies

invisible surfaces

We've just slid sideways from Land desktop 2005 to civil 3D 2005. I'm slowly getting things working but although I managed to import a point file and build a surface, I can't see it!
The help file says that surfaces may not display until their settings have been customised but doesn't seem to give any clue as to what exactly is needed to make them visible. I have tried but nothing I do makes any difference.
I know I can carry on using ldt for the time being but I'd like to know how to do it in this. Can anyone help me? I'm not finding the help file very user friendly;it has a particularly frustrating habit of saying that something can be done without saying how it's done.
thanks
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
ujnhunter
in reply to: troma

Thanks but I've already been doing that all morning. There are no differences unless they are hidden settings locked deep in the drawing file somewhere. The surface won't even show up if I create it again from scratch with a different completely brand new surface style either.

Message 22 of 25
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: troma

Wow! thread started in 2004
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 23 of 25
ujnhunter
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Sad that it's 2013 and Civil 3D still has this problem. I just did a Google search for invisible surface, didn't realize the date of the original thread, saw that someone solved their problem but never stated how they solved it.

Message 24 of 25
Jeff_M
in reply to: ujnhunter

Type in the command DISPLAY, then S, select the Plan set, verify that the General column is checked for the Tin Surface entry. I was going to attach a screen capture but the forum isn't allowing me to do so today.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 25 of 25
ujnhunter
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you! Jeff M! That was exactly what the problem was! Not sure how it could have ever been turned off as no one here would even know where that setting would even be! Case closed!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report